The Winter Challenge League is available for boys who are in 4th through 8th grade, and runs from early January through the mid-March. The league is external, and is designed to increase and maximize competition by playing a variety of local and non-local teams. An effort is made to base game match ups on team skill, regardless of grade. All games are played in Grand Haven.
Grand Haven 4th through 8th grade boys who want to play together must have a parent manager form a team. A team may provide their own coach or contact B Cubed for assistance with finding a coach (who is typically paid). The team fee is based on the number of games played (typically 8). Teams made up of primarily Grand Haven players may contact B Cubed regarding facility access for practice time. Each player must pay a small player fee to do so.
For 4th grade teams it is IMPORTANT to note you will likely play 5th grade teams, as external 4th grade teams are difficult to find.
If you have a outside team and are interested in playing in this league, you can choose to participate in one or more games (typically 8 to 16). The team fee is based on the number of games chosen. Prior to play, you should contact the Winter Challenge League Director to discuss the skill level of your team.
Due to the fluid nature of bringing in outside teams, it is important to note that game times are defined the week of play. Games are officiated by MHSAA officials to help provide the best play.
If you are the parent manager of a local team planning on practicing within Grand Haven facilities, you must
1. Have all players on your roster complete the Winter Challenge League Player Registration Form, Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet, Participant Release, Indemnification, and Hold Harmless Agreement, Team Roster, and provide payment to NORA before your first practice.
2. Complete the Winter Challenge League Team Registration and provide payment to NORA.
3. Have all team coaches complete the NORA Volunteer Assessment Form (for a background check) and the Coaching Code of Conduct Agreement, and provide them to the B Cubed Coach Coordinator before your first practice.
4. For Winter Challenge League Rules, click here.
If you are the manager of a non-local team, you must
1. Complete the Winter Challenge League Team Registration and provide payment to NORA before your first game.
2. Have all players on your roster complete the Participant Release, Indemnification, and Hold Harmless Agreement and provide it to the B Cubed Winter Challenge League Director before your first game.
3. Make your head coach aware of the Coaching Code of Conduct Agreement we require to be signed by our area coaches. Your head coach is not required to sign this document, but must abide by its expectations.
All participants may want to be aware of the Winter Challenge League Expectations of Parents, Players, and Coaches and the Winter Challenge League Game Rules.